This shrimp scampi recipe without wine is a fresh & flavorful dinner you can make in 20 minutes to serve over pasta or bread! Loaded with garlic, lemon, fresh herbs, in a tasty flavorful broth.
I love a great shrimp scampi recipe that you can make without adding any white wine. This scampi recipe uses garlic, lemon, and chicken stock instead of wine, and still has that classic shrimp scampi flavor.
I served this over freshly cooked angel hair pasta, which was perfect tossed in the garlicky buttery scampi sauce. Fancy enough for a date night or to cook for guests, but simple enough to treat yo self on a weeknight too!
This Shrimp Scampi Recipe Without Wine Is
- Low Carb, Keto, Gluten Free
Trendy Shrimp Recipes in 30 Minutes
This wine free shrimp scampi recipe is made with a handful of fresh and simple ingredients, and can be on your table in under 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those last-minute potluck invites, or when you just want a healthy home cooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. Browse all our 30-minute recipes, that are great for the whole family.
From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Just as fast as grabbing a quick prepared side dish from the store (and way more impressive too)! If you’re bringing this salad to a party, potluck, or BBQ, check out some of the best host gifts for summer entertaining for that next-level gift your host will love!
What’s In This Shrimp Scampi Without Wine?
I love shopping for fresh ingredients through Misfits Market – they sell produce, healthy pantry staples, and fantastic food finds (even wine!) at a discounted price. Choose your favorite seasonal produce, save up to 40% off grocery store prices & save time by getting free delivery right to your door!
- Shrimp – uncooked, peeled, and deveined. If you can find fresh shrimp, I highly recommend it (living in New England we tend to be spoiled on that front). If not, store-bought or frozen works great. Just make sure to rinse off any brine before using.
- Butter – I like to use unsalted butter to reduce the amount of sodium in my cooking.
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Chicken Stock – is the base of this fantastic dish. I prefer using a low sodium broth to control the amount of salt in this dish. You can buy a fantastic container of low sodium broth or make your own from scratch!
- Fresh Lemon
- Fresh Parsley
- Pasta or Bread for serving
How Do I Make This Shrimp Scampi Without White Wine?
Rinse shrimp under cold water, allow to drain, and set aside
In a shallow pan or cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over low heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until the garlic begins to brown at the outside. Pour in the chicken stock, salt, and pepper to allow to reduce by half for an additional 2 minutes.
Place the shrimp in an even layer at the bottom of the pan. Allow the shrimp to cook for 3 to 4 minutes until pink on one side, then flip the shrimp and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes on the other side until shrimp is fully cooked. Add the lemon juice and parsley, and stir well to combine.
Serve the shrimp and sauce over angel hair pasta or garlic bread, and enjoy!
Make Shrimp Scampi Gluten Free for a Healthy Version
This gluten free shrimp scampi recipe is a simple meal to make without wheat. I’m all about making recipes gluten free when I can.
Gluten free cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around gluten free pantry staples and swapping in a few wheat-less ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. Browse all our gluten free recipes here on Modern Bites. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meals for everyone at your table.
More Summer Dinner Ideas You’ll Love
Get the Same Ingredients for this Wine Free Shrimp Scampi Recipe!
After you make this easy shrimp scampi recipe without wine – please be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag Modern Bites on Instagram. I absolutely love browsing through all your photos of my recipes!
Shrimp Scampi Recipe Without Wine
- Cast Iron Pan
- 1 lb shrimp uncooked, peeled, and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or other stock
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Pasta or Bread for serving
- Rinse shrimp under cold water, allow to drain, and set aside
- In a shallow pan or cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over low heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until the garlic begins to brown at the outside. Pour in the chicken stock, salt, and pepper to allow to reduce by half for an additional 2 minutes.
- Place the shrimp in an even layer at the bottom of the pan. Allow the shrimp to cook for 3 to 4 minutes until pink on one side, then flip the shrimp and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes on the other side until shrimp is fully cooked. Add the lemon juice and parsley, and stir well to combine.
- Serve the shrimp and sauce over angel hair pasta or garlic bread, and enjoy!