This Instant Pot Chicken Stew recipe is simple, cozy, and loaded with protein and fresh vegetables. It’s a hearty and filling dinner, perfect for the fall or winter months.
This versatile pressure cooker stew features chicken breast cooked with your favorite vegetables in a rich and flavorful broth. Enjoy this stew with a family style side chopped salad and a thick slice of easy no knead bread for a delicious meal.
It’s fall, which means it’s soup and stew season on our homestead. This Instant Pot chicken stew recipe is a fantastic recipe to get on the table fast. Just pressure cook the ingredients, and serve with a side of pasta, rice, or bread for the coziest fall meal.
I love a recipe that is simple to make but has so many amazing and complex flavors it tastes like you’ve been cooking it all day. This dairy free Instant Pot Chicken Stew recipe takes just 12 minutes to cook in the pressure cooker, and a healthy meal is ready in no time.
Your pressure cooker does all the work for you, which is why I always make this stew in my Instant Pot. Add the ingredients, set it, and dinner is ready in about a half hour.
This Instant Pot Chicken Stew Recipe Is
- Simple to Make
- A Perfect Fall or Winter Dinner
Pressure Cooker Chicken Stew in 30 Minutes
This Instant Pot chicken stew is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
I have many weeknight meals that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering takeout!
This Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Stew is super versatile, you can swap in any vegetables you have on hand. I made my stew with carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, corn, and peas – but feel free to add any others in your fridge. Broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, or cauliflower are all good options that would be awesome to add to this stew.
What’s In This Dairy Free Instant Pot Chicken Recipe?
I stock up on organic produce with Misfits Market – they have a fantastic selection of in-season fruits & veggies, healthy pantry items, and great food finds for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
- Chicken Breast: we like to get local chicken from the farm down the road.
- Coconut Oil: I love keeping a few jars of this organic coconut oil on hand, it’s great for cooking and also a really nice skin moisturizer outside the kitchen.
- Garlic: I like to use fresh garlic when I can, and this amazing jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-minced garlic ready in the fridge!
- Green Beans
- Potatoes – I used red potatoes, but use any variety you have on hand.
- Low Sodium Vegetable Stock – I like to use this low sodium vegetable stock for my recipes because it has great flavor… without all the salt. I always use low sodium or no-salt-added broth or stock to start, and then I can add salt or other spices later if needed. Check out more low sodium recipes here!
- Garlic Salt: I like to add a little extra garlic flavor in this dish with some super flavorful garlic salt!
- Herbs de Provence: my favorite spice blend! This French blend has a mix of rosemary, thyme, sage, and savory for a wonderful and complex flavor.
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste
How Do I Make Chicken Stew in the Instant Pot?
- In the Instant Pot, add the chicken, coconut oil, onion, garlic, carrots, green beans, sweet potato, chicken stock, thyme, and garlic salt.
- Seal lid and set to Pressure Cook for 12 minutes.
- Quick release the steam taking care not to have your hands or face near the steam vent.
- Once float valve has lowered, open the lid. Add the coconut milk, peas, corn, and red pepper flakes if using. Stir well and serve over rice or pasta.
What’s The Best Slow Cooker To Buy?
For all my slow cooker recipes I use the 8-Quart Instant Pot Ultra – which is an amazing multi-cooker! The 8 quart is a bit larger than the standard models (which are only 6 quart) so I have extra room to meal prep and batch cook more meals for the week.
The Ultra model also has some great extra settings like cake baking and yogurt making which are really neat. I love that everything can cook in one pot, which makes for way less dishes and hands-off cooking. The Instant Pot is hands-down my favorite kitchen appliance, and actually makes my life so much easier.
More Healthy Instant Pot Family Dinners Everyone Will Love
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Dairy Free Chicken Stew Recipe
As always, if you make this dairy free Instant Pot chicken stew recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on social media
Instant Pot Chicken Stew
- Instant Pot
- 2 lbs chicken breast uncooked, thawed, and cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 sweet onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 carrots sliced
- 1 celery
- 2 cups green beans chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence or use dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes optional
- In the Instant Pot inner pot, add the chicken, coconut oil, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, green beans, chicken stock, Herbs de Provence, and garlic salt.
- Seal lid and set to Pressure Cook for 12 minutes.
- After the cooking time, allow to naturally release for 10 minutes. After that, manually quick release the steam taking care not to have your hands or face near the steam vent.
- Once float valve has lowered, open the lid. Add the mushrooms, peas, corn, and red pepper flakes if using. Stir well and serve hot.